Monday, October 3, 2011

Women who crave more of Jesus!

One of the most encouraging things about the house so far is the maturity and hunger of my roommates before the Lord.  It's become a very routine thing to see a roommate camped out in the Grace Nest with their headphones on and Bible out.  I've been especially encouraged by our family nights!  This past week, I felt like God gave me the words Thankfulness and Repentance.  So, we started off with a time of thankfulness, by singing some worship songs.  We moved into a time of listening to a spoken/spontaneous word from an old World Mandate CD about thankfulness.  We then spend several minutes journaling out things we were thankful for.    Afterwards, inspired by the book of James, we had a time of repenting and confessing before Jesus and each other.    I mean, imagine being one of these girls.. you've got homework and tests, ministry, work, and the craziness of life buzzing in the back of your mind. It's a MONDAY afterall.. and LJ tells you to go into a time of repentance.  I think about my immaturity the first year of the D-house... I don't doubt that I would have rolled my eyes and thought to myself that I didn't have anything to repent for.... But not these girls... These are humble, teachable and sold out women for Jesus!  It was challenging and moving to hear these girls cry out to God in humility.  Tears were shed as they confessed their need for God.  I was sprawled out on the floor, when I realized my roommates had gathered around each other to pray.  It was so moved by the way each girl began crying out for one another.    The girls prayed over each other and heard words from the Lord, prophesying and speak life into the hurting places.    Our time of repentance took about twice as long as I expected/planned... but you can plan an outpouring of the Spirit!

I am continually encouraged by these girls faith! I think about Diane and Beccah, who've chosen to live off campus their senior year, when all their friends are together on campus.  They've chosen the narrow road, but Jesus is so faithful and worth it- I know He's delighted in the way they've positioned themselves before God.  I think of Hannah, who chose to put Jesus and community above the choice of being financial stability.  She is a woman of faith.  I think about Erin and how she is balancing school work, working and pre-prac on top of ministry, yet still takes the time to serve and love me;  I feel so covered by her and she takes time to love on the person in front of her.  Despite early mornings, she still lives a life marked by joy.  I think of Kathy, who would drop anything for anyone who had a need.  She's got so  much going on in her own walk with Jesus and finishing up grad school, but takes time for her friends.  She is a woman who perseveres in God even when it's hard or doesn't make sense.

I love these girls. I am blessed!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a great blog! I love you girls, and I am so proud of you! And inspired...encouraged...etc etc

    ReplyDelete