Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Snapshots of life!

A few moments in the life of the d-house gals this last week...

For the last few years, my Friday mornings have been filled with one thing: Prayer. Not just prayer. But early morning prayer.  7 am, to be exact. Although I realize most of the working world is used to getting up that early, 7am is quite painfully early for a college student.  But, every Friday, the BC section gathers to call out for our campus in prayer.  This past Friday, several of the girls from our house rose early in the AM to head to EMP.  It had gotten really chilly the night before, and so everyone bundled up and grabbed a warm cup of coffee for EMP... here's Erin and Beccah walking down Comm Ave.  What a sight...

photo.jpg

Another snapshot.  I woke up this morning and headed to the Grace Nest for my time with the Lord.  Here's proof that Diane had a late night...

photo.jpg

Coffee. Pepsi. Snacks. and work sprawled out over the table.

A funny moment from family night last night.  Erin began to share about a sermon she had listened to this weekend that had really challenged her.  "So, I was listening to this sermon this weekend called the unoffendable heart about living in community..."
Beccah interrupts, "Oh my gosh, I'm so convicted!!"
The rest of us look at Beccah.
"Convicted?.... She hasn't shared anything yet..."
"Just the title of it, Unoffendable heart, is convicting."

A funny moment, but also so challenging! I love the way these girls press into Jesus and the way they are sensitive to the conviction of the Holy Spirit! AMEN!


2 comments:

  1. This is the best. I love the "unoffendable heart" moment. Also.. I want to see those pictures, Diane, I feel you girl :) Love you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also.. that comment was Alicia.

    ReplyDelete